Zesty quinoa salad & chicken tacos.
Ingredients of Zesty quinoa salad & chicken tacos
- Prepare 3 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of quinoa.
- You need 1 can of black beans ( drained & rinsed ).
- It’s 1 can of corn ( Drained & rinsed ).
- You need 2 of avocados diced.
- It’s 2 of limes squeezed.
- You need 1 of roma tomato.
- You need 1 of cilantro.
- You need 1 of corn tortillas.
- You need 1 of taco seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/4 tbsp of cumin.
Zesty quinoa salad & chicken tacos step by step
- Rinse and drain your quinoa. A mesh strainer works best . Once dry heat up your pot and toast the quinoa for a couple of minutes..
- Pour 2 1/2 cups of water in the pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 to 18 minutes. Fluff with fork and set aside to cool..
- While quinoa is cooking heat up your grill and rub your chicken breasts with taco seasoning and oil..
- Add chicken to grill and cook throughly, about 4 minutes per side depending on grill..
- Wisk together lime juice,oil,cumin,black pepper,and red pepper flakes.
- In a large bowl fold together quinoa ,black beans, corn,diced roma tomato,chopped cilantro,and cubed avocados while pouring lime juice mixture over the top of it .let sit in fridge or serve immediately..
- Cube chicken into pieces and serve on the corn tortillas..
- I dressed my tacos up with salsa and sour cream. You can also use the quinoa as a topping it will surprise you..