Healthy Spicy Seared Salmon & Salad. In a small bowl, combine spices. Season all sides of salmon filets. Add to skillet when oil is glistening hot.
Ingredients of Healthy Spicy Seared Salmon & Salad
- You need 500 grams of Norwegian Salmon (deboned and skin on).
- Prepare 1 tbs of Butter.
- It’s 2 tbs of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt and Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Robertsons Exotic Thai Spice.
- You need 2-3 sprigs of Dill (fresh).
- You need 2 of Lemons (cut in wedges).
- Prepare of Salad:.
- Prepare 20 grams of Wild Rocket.
- Prepare 20 Grams of Micro Crimson Leaves (Wooworths).
- You need 1 cup of Chopped tomatoes (or cherry toms if you preper).
- You need 1 of Avo (thick choped or sliced).
- You need 1/2 of Cucumber (sliced).
- Prepare 100 g of Danish Feta.
- Prepare of Salad Dressing (optional).
In a large … Salmon is a very versatile fish that absorbs flavor well, which is why this dinner is perfect when you need to mix things up. The fish is rubbed with a spicy … In a small bowl combine the coriander powder, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and lemon juice. Sprinkle little amount of water and make a smooth marinade. Check … Place the salmon in the center.
Healthy Spicy Seared Salmon & Salad step by step
- Cut salmon into four equal size portions.
- Season salmon portions with salt, black pepper and thai spice.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a pan on high heat.
- Once hot, add dill sprigs to fry for 30 seconds and lower heat to medium (you can remove dill or leave in pan as required).
- Place salmon portions skin side down in pan and fry for 5-7 minutes without moving them.
- Whilst the Salmon sears, add all the salad ingredients together in a bowl and toss (with small amount of salad dressing if required). Plate salad into 4 plates as the base for your dish. You can also plate salad ingredients in a deconstructed manner if you dont like tossing them together (see pic).
- After 5-7 minutes lightly drizzle Salmon with juice from two lemon wedges and turn the Salmon over to the other side and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Plate Salmon straight out of the pan onto the salad base, skin side facing up. Add 1-2 lemon wedges per plate for drizzling as required.
In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, chipotle chile powder, lime zest, and salt. Place in skillet, and increase heat to high. Sprinkle with capers, and salt and pepper. Season the salmon with the salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook the … Sprinkle both sides of each salmon fillet with salt, pepper, chili powder, and cinnamon.