Italian Salad (Insalata Antipasti). Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, and salt in a blender. With the machine running, gradually blend in the oil. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
Ingredients of Italian Salad (Insalata Antipasti)
- Prepare of salad.
- Prepare 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped.
- You need 1 packages of campari tomatoes, quartered.
- Prepare 1 packages of baby cucumbers, sliced.
- Prepare 1 can of large black or kalamata olives.
- You need 1 dozen of bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls).
- Prepare 1 cup of diced pepperoni.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of sliced capicola ham, cut into strips.
- It’s 6 of whole peperoncini peppers (optional).
- Prepare of dressing.
- It’s 1/2 cup of good olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Progresso garlic wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 envelope of Sweet n' Low.
In a large pot, add the previously cut vegetables and meat, then add the bay leaves and pour plenty of water over them. The Antipasto Caprese Salad Recipe features rich juicy red heirloom tomatoes layered with creamy fresh white mozzarella cheese, and sweet fragrant green basil leaves. The insalata caprese is a tribute to Italy known for its simple, fresh, and colorful cuisine and a homage to the Italian flag. Add olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper to a bowl, and whisk together.
Italian Salad (Insalata Antipasti) instructions
- Assemble salad ingredients in a large salad bowl or on a family size platter..
- Whisk together dressing ingredients vigorously. Drizzle on salad. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving..
Toss in rest of cold antipasto ingredients. Place the meats, mozzarella, tomatoes, peppers, artichoke hearts, and olives to bowl. Sprinkle with fresh basil, then it's ready to enjoy. Grapeseed oil is the secret to this salad. If you cannot find it, use olive oil.