Ingredients of Scalloped potatoes
- It’s 8 slice of medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 ” thick.
- Prepare 1 medium of white onion peeled and sliced (1/4″) then quarter the slices.
- You need 6 tbsp of salted butter, cut into tbls slices, then quartered.
- You need 3/4 cup of self rising flour divided.
- Prepare 3/4 tbsp of salt (this is really to your taste).
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ground black pepper (or to taste).
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar (or your fav cheese)OPTIONAL.
- It’s 4 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 of non-stick spray.
- You need quart of water.
Scalloped potatoes step by step
- Wash, peel, sliced potatoes. Place in water, until ready to use. Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Prepare onions, measure flour, salt, pepper, butter, milk, and cheese, if using..
- Spray a 9″x9″x2″ oven safe dish with non stick spray. Place single layer of potatoes then 1/3 of the onion, 1/3 flour,1/3 butter. Sprinkle with 1/3 salt and pepper. Repeat layers twice..
- Add 4 cups milk..
- Bake, covered (lid or foil) in preheated oven at 400F, 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375, cook another 30-45 minutes until potatoes are tender and sauce thickens. Remove lid or foil when about 15 minutes left to cook, to allow top brown a bit..
- Cool a bit. Serve..
- This makes 6-8 servings. Great for lunch the next day..