Naples Style Rice Croquettes (Arancini). Great recipe for Naples Style Rice Croquettes (Arancini). I tried to remember the rice croquettes I tasted at an Italian restaurant and made this. Chill the rice in the refrigerator to cool before deep frying.
Ingredients of Naples Style Rice Croquettes (Arancini)
- It’s 350 grams of Plain cooked rice.
- It’s 50 grams of Chicken thigh meat.
- You need 4 of Green beans.
- You need 1/4 of Onion.
- Prepare 1/4 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Soup stock cube.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of White wine.
- You need 1 of Tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1 slice of Easy melting cheese.
- It’s 1 of Plain flour.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 of Panko.
- It’s 200 grams of Canned tomatoes.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
Cook the rice in salted water. Let the rice cool down to room temperature. Add Parmigiano, eggs, and salt and pepper to taste. Form small balls with your hands.
Naples Style Rice Croquettes (Arancini) step by step
- Mince onion, carrot and green bean into 5mm cubes..
- Heat a pan with olive oil and saute the chicken and the vegetables..
- Dissolve the soup stock cube in 50ml hot water. Add the half of soup stock to the pan..
- Add the rice. Add tomato ketchup and white wine, and season with salt and pepper..
- Transfer to a bowl and let it rest in the refrigerator for a while..
- Slowly heat a pan with sliced garlic and olive oil over low heat..
- Add the canned tomato, the rest of the soup stock (the remaining from step 3), bay leaf, and simmer. Season with salt and pepper..
- Make round rice balls with the rice from step 5. Tear the cheese and stuff in the center of the rice ball..
- Coat it in the order of flour, egg, and panko..
- Put in the oil slowly one by one. The inside is already cooked so deep fry on high heat to brown..
- When the surface is golden brown, transfer to a serving plate..
- Pour on the sauce from Step 7 and it's done!!.
Roll the balls in bread crumbs. Fry the Arancini in batches until they are golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain. Ingredients for Arancini di riso or rice croquettes. Stir well, using a wooden spoon, until.