Coconut and banana spicy chicken. Place the banana and coconut milk in a blender and puree until smooth. Add curry powder, ground coriander, paprika, lime juice, salt, and pepper and mix all together. Learn how to cook great Chicken and coconut in banana leaves.
Ingredients of Coconut and banana spicy chicken
- It’s of chicken breasts.
- You need of red pepper.
- Prepare of small bananas.
- It’s of coconut milk.
- You need of Red onion.
- Prepare of Fresh chilli.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Freshly grated coconut – optional.
- You need of Wedge of lime to serve.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need of Long grain rice to serve.
Place the chicken in the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and rub with the spice mixture until coated on all sides. Transfer the chicken to the skillet. In a large bowl combine the cumin, cayenne pepper, turmeric, coriander, garlic powder, salt and pepper together. Add the chicken to the bowl and rub the spice mixture all over the chicken, so that it's properly coated.
Coconut and banana spicy chicken step by step
- Wash, slice chicken thinly, put in a bowl. Add coconut milk, Cajun seasoning, mix and leave for 1-2 hours.
- Prep the grated coconut, slice onion, pepper, chilli and bananas.
- Fry chilli gently in oil for a min or so. Add onions and peppers, cook for 2-3 mins. Add half the sliced banana.
- After a couple of mins, add the chicken, cook on medium heat for about 10 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Add a little more coconut milk if it's too dry. Add some salt to taste. Add the end of cooking time add the rest of the banana.
- Serve on a bed of rice with fresh lime :).
Put the chicken onto a plate with paper towel over it to drain the oil off the chicken. Put the chicken back in the clean pan on medium low heat and add coconut milk. Stir in the soya sauce, brown sugar, and salt. Taste and add more as necessary. Take the leaves off the sprig, chop and add to chicken.