Avocado Salad with Mango & Shrimp.
Ingredients of Avocado Salad with Mango & Shrimp
- Prepare 4 tbs of fish sauce.
- You need 2 tbs of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of honey.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic (minced).
- It’s 3 tbs of fresh lime juice.
- You need 2-4 of chillis (to taste).
- Prepare of SALAD.
- It’s 500 g of shrimp.
- It’s 1 of avocado.
- Prepare 2 tbs of minced shallots.
- It’s 4 teaspoons of chopped peanuts.
- It’s 5 of mangoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of bean sprouts.
- You need 1/2 cup of coriander (roughly).
Avocado Salad with Mango & Shrimp step by step
- In a small saucepan combine the fish sauce, sugar & honey. Heat over medium heat stirring constantly, until the honey & sugar dissolve and the mixture is syrupy, about one minute..
- In a blender or food processor, combine the sweetened fish sauce syrup, lime juice, garlic and chillis, and blend for about one minute..
- SALAD ASSEMBLY:.
- 500 gr shrimp – 1 Avocado – 2 tbs minced shallots – 1/2 cup mint leaves – 4 teaspoons chopped peanuts – 5 mangoes – 1 cup bean sprouts – roughly 1/2 cup corinander – 2/3 cup of the dressing.
- Peel and devein the shrimp under cold running water. Bring a saucepan of slightly salted water to the boil. Reduce the heat and add the shrimp. Poach the shrimp until just cooked (about 2 – 2 ½ minutes. Drain and put shrimp into a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Drain the shrimp and set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, combine the mangoes, sprouts, shallots, coriander and mint and set aside..
- Mix about half a cup of dressing, with the reserved mango mixture. Mound onto four chilled plates. Toss the shrimp in the remaining dressing to coat. Divide evenly onto the salad and sprinkle one tsp. peanuts on top of each plate..
- Chill everything before serving.