Brad's pozolé. Chicken Pozole verde, sometimes spelled posole, is the best ending to a cold, rainy day. Ingredients that must be prepared for Brad's onepot Chipotle pozole: Set of pork sirloin roast. Chop pork roast into bite sized pieces.
Ingredients of Brad's pozolé
- It’s of chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, chopped.
- Prepare of pork shoulder roast.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- You need of black pepper.
- It’s of lg red onion, course chopped.
- It’s of dried cascabell chiles.
- Prepare of dried California chiles.
- You need of water.
- It’s of lg can tomato sauce.
- It’s of lg cans hominy, one yellow one white.
- It’s of oregano.
- It’s of cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare of powdered chicken bouillon.
- Prepare of Mesa flour, optional.
- It’s of regular or spicy cicharrones, (pork rinds).
- It’s of for the toppings.
- It’s of shredded cabbage.
- Prepare of cilantro chopped.
- You need of red onion, diced.
- You need of lime wedges.
- It’s of sliced radishes.
Heat oil in a large frying pan. Brad's pozolé chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, chopped • pork shoulder roast • garlic powder • black pepper • lg red onion, course chopped • dried cascabell chiles • dried California chiles • water Doctoring your own pozole is an art: lime, avocado, onion, oregano, chilies, sometimes shredded lettuce, perhaps a crumble of chicharron. Everyone must discover their own balance. What's most unique about pozole in Zihuatanejo, though, is that this happens on Thursdays – every Thursday, year-round, no exceptions.
Brad's pozolé step by step
- Cut the pork roast into bite sized pieces. Place in a LG frying pan. Add a little oil, pepper, and garlic powder. Fry until well browned.
- Remove to a LG soup pot. Add water and chopped onion. Boil at a little more than a simmer for two hours. Stir often..
- Remove the stems and seeds from all the chiles. Place in a small saucepan. Add water just to cover. Boil for 10-15 min until they get tender. Let cool. Add to a blender with enough of the cooking water to make a smooth thick sauce.
- Prepare the toppings. Chop and arrange on a LG plate..
- After two hours, add the chopped chicken, chile sauce, tomato sauce, hominy, oregano, cilantro, and bouillon. Let cook another half hour, stir often..
- 10 minutes before done, add cicharrones, stir..
- This step is completely optional. My household likes it a little thicker. If so, add mesa flour one tbs at a time while stirring soup. Continue until you reach the desired thicness..
- Serve soup in large bowls. Add desired toppings. Enjoy..
- I served with plantains over rice. Recipe on my profile..
Best thing I ate: Descanso can't sizzle, but this pozole is hot Critic Brad A. Johnson says this family-style pozole might be meant for three or four people but it's really better suited for two. Johnson: In Zihuatanejo, Thursdays are pozole days. Mezcal is traditionally served with pozole. Most local pozolerias in Zihuatanejo bottle their own version of the drink.