Sig's Prawn, Fennel and Potato Salad.
Ingredients of Sig's Prawn, Fennel and Potato Salad
- It’s 250 grams of salad potatoes.
- You need 200 grams of ready cooked, well drained King Prawns.
- Prepare 1 of small bulb of fresh fennel.
- You need 1/4 of red chilli.
- You need 1/4 tsp of wild garlic salt.
- You need 1 tsp of tomato puree (paste).
- It’s 50 grams of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tbsp of brandy.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fresh orange juice.
Sig's Prawn, Fennel and Potato Salad step by step
- First boil the potatoes in their skins in salted water. When cooked cool them completely, peel them and then cut into bite size chunks. Set aside. Drain the prawns well, set aside..
- Clear the fennel of the outer leaves and grate the bulb on a medium grater, or larger if you prefer.
- Very thinly slice the chilli. Take out any seeds and discard them. Then slice them as thinly as possible..
- Add the fennel, pat prawns dry,add to your potatoes. Mix carefully. Set aside.
- Now make a medium runny sauce from all the other ingredients, add the chilli.Make sure to wash your hands after as chilli can be irritating.
- Add to potatoes and gently mix the sauce under well, put in chiller for two or so hours..
- Serve on a bed of mixed salad..