Zucchini Appetizer. Take zucchini appetizers to a whole new level. Get top-rated recipes for zucchini fries, zucchini chips, zucchini fritters, and even zucchini blossoms. This recipe is easy and delicious!
Ingredients of Zucchini Appetizer
- You need of Zucchini – cut into 1/4 inch slices, cut in half if necessary.
- You need of Tomato sauce.
- You need of Italian seasoning.
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese.
Skip the crust and grab a zucchini! In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper. Mix zucchini, baking mix, eggs, oil, onion, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; spread in the prepared baking dish.
Zucchini Appetizer step by step
- Mix as much of the Italian seasoning as you want into the tomato sauce.
- Place a layer of the sauce mixture in the first pan, then a layer of zucchini slices. Alternating layers like you were making lasagna..
- Stop the layers when you run out of zucchini or reach the top 1/2 inch of the pan..
- Bake at 350* F. for 45 miles. Remove from the oven and using the slotted spoon transfer as much of the zucchini slices and tomato sauce as you can to the second pan. Don t worry about not getting all the zucchini and sauce, what s left is mostly water..
- Cover with the mozzarella cheese and bake for 15 miles or until the cheese is melted..
- Serve while hot..
Garnish with paprika in a grid design, if desired. Ah, zucchini…It is the crop that just keeps on giving throughout the growing season. This recipe is one more way to transform it into a scrumptious bite that can be served as an appetizer, side dish, or even a kid's meal. In a mixing bowl, stir together the baking mix, vegetable oil, dried parsley, pepper, garlic, egg, Romano cheese, salt and zucchini. These zucchini bites are a great appetizer for holiday parties, and they reheat well, so you can make them ahead of time.