Bacon scalloped potatoes.
Ingredients of Bacon scalloped potatoes
- Prepare 5 lb of Potatoes.
- You need 2 lb of Velveeta cheese.
- It’s 9 oz of Hormel real bacon pieces.
- It’s 3 bunch of Pepper.
- Prepare 3 bunch of Salt.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Margarine.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 2 can of Carnation evaporated milk.
- You need 32 oz of Water give or take.
Bacon scalloped potatoes instructions
- (Step 1.) First preheat oven to 375°F..
- (Step 2.) Rinse, pill, slice into 1/4 size slivers of potatoes give or take then rinse again..
- (Step 3.) Cut Velveeta cheese into 1/2in. squares give or take..
- (Step 4.) Place one layer of potatoes about 1 pound 10oz. give or take then one layer of Velveeta cheese about 12oz. then one layer of bacon bits about 3oz. then one bunch of pepper then one bunch of salt then 2tbsp. margarine throughout the layer then one layer of flour about 2tbsp. Repeat for three layers or until pan is almost filled. Give at least 1in. from the top for cooking space..
- (Step 5.) Add two cans of Carnation evaporated milk throughout the pan..
- (Step 6.) Add 32oz. of water give or take, make sure you only put enough water to barely cover the potatoes..
- (Step 7.) Mix it all together with two cooking spoons within the pan..
- (Step 8.) Place in oven for 4 to 6 hours while watching it periodically to ensure it cooks thoroughly. Also ensure you leave some of the water/milk in it (do not drain) the potatoes will soak it up..
- (Step 9.) let sit for 30 to 45 minutes before serving..