Wada Usal. How to serve usal vada: Take a serving plate. Place vada in it then pour usal on vada. Serve with chopped onion, lemon, chopped coriander leaves and pav.
Ingredients of Wada Usal
- You need of For Usal.
- Prepare 200 gms of white Peas (safed vatana).soaked and boiled.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Usal masala.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red spicy chilli powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of For Batata wada.
- You need 3 of medium boiled potatoes.
- You need 11/2 tbsps of green chillies ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1/2 of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida (Hing).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Tadka.. for Batata wada,..of oil,1tsp Urad dal,1tsp mustard seeds and Cummin seeds,few curry leaves and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
- It’s of For Serving.
- You need 8 of Pav.
- Prepare 100 gms of Nakmeen mixture.
- It’s 1 of Onion finely chopped.
- You need 4 of Lemon wedges.
It is an authentic, spicy and delicious Maharashtrian street food snack recipe that is prepared with deep-fried potato dumplings and spicy gravy. It is an ideal evening snack recipe that can be served with a cup of tea or coffee but can also be served for morning breakfast or side to lunch and dinner. Bhajiya usal is a very famous street food of the city Vadodara, Gujarat. It made with soft and fluffy methi gota dip into usal gravy and topped with spicy tari, sev, and chopped onion.
Wada Usal instructions
- For preparation of Usal, soak White Peas(Safed Vatana) overnight.Cook in cooker vessel with a pinch of soda-bi-carban and salt 4-5whistles..
- In a Kadhai..add oil,heat add Usal Masala &red spicy chilli powder..saute for 30secs..add boiled white Peas(safed vatana).mix well.Add salt to taste.. Simmer for 5mins..
- For making Batata wada..In mixing bowl add mash potato,salt, chillis ginger garlic paste,lemon juice..and takda of oil,urad dal, mustard seeds – Cumin seeds,curry leaves, turmeric powder.Mix all together to make Batata wada mixture..
- Make 8-small wadas from this mixture..
- Make batter..by mixing besan salt,red chilli powder..with water..to medium thick constitency paste.Add a big pinch of Soda bi carb in the batter at the time of making Batata wada..
- Dip PREPARED wadas in besan batter..Deep fry in hot oil..till golden brown..
- To Serve/ ASSEMBLE WADA USAL.
- In a deep Serving plate..place two Batata wada..on it pour 2 laddleful of Hot Usal..on it.Sprinkle chopped onion and and lemon wedge. SERVE/Relish hot with Pav..
I share recipes of usal masala, street style usal with spicy tari, and fluffy methi gota recipe. Home » Spicy Kolhapuri Kat Vada Recipe In Marathi – Vada Usal – Sonali. Spicy Kolhapuri Kat Vada Recipe In Marathi – Vada Usal – Sonali. Kat Vada is an authentic Kolhapuri recipe made with a mix of two dishes Vada and spicy curry. To all the spicy food lovers out there Kat Vada is a recipe that is a must try.