Potatoes And Leeks Scalloped.
Ingredients of Potatoes And Leeks Scalloped
- You need 2 Tbsp of butter plus more for baking dish.
- It’s 1 cup of finely chopped leeks.
- You need 1 of small Shallot finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, grated/minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 of & 1/2 cup heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of & 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced thin.
Potatoes And Leeks Scalloped step by step
- Preheat the oven to 176°C /350°F. Coat an 8×8-inch (or approximate) baking dish with butter..
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add butter. When butter has melted, add shallot, leeks; cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, continue to cook, stirring for 30 seconds..
- Stir in milk, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer, cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture has slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes; stir to coat potatoes. Transfer mixture to prepared dish, spreading potatoes evenly in dish..
- Bake until potatoes are done, lightly brown and bubbly, about 1 hour. If time permits, baste potatoes with sauce halfway through cooking. Let cool slightly before serving..