Seafood chowder. Tried many different combinations (including replacing calamari with lobster meat). Donal's back with a traditional Irish chowder recipe bursting with flavour and fishy loveliness. Tender pieces of cod, smoked haddock and salmon all cooked.
Ingredients of Seafood chowder
- It’s 1-2 of sweet onions.
- It’s 1 of orange pepper.
- You need 1 of yellow pepper.
- It’s 1/2 (500 lbs) of bacon smoked maple thick slice.
- You need 1 of thick slice ham.
- You need 2-946 ml of chicken stock added.
- Prepare 3-4 of russet potatoes peeled.
- You need of Bullion 1 to 2 cubes chicken flavour.
- Prepare of Add a pinch of tyme.
- Prepare of Add 4 garlic cloves use press.
- It’s 16-40 of prawns.
- It’s 10-20 of scallops.
- You need 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk 1% or 2%.
What sets this New England-style chowder apart from all the rest? It's deeply flavored yet light and decidedly not gloppy. Thick and Hearty Seafood Chowder is full of savory flavor! Seasoned fish, tender potatoes and a creamy broth make this the best seafood chowder ever!
Seafood chowder step by step
- Spray pot with Pam first then cut up ham and bacon. Cut bacon and ham into bite size pieces and cook together in frying pan. Leave the grease in it..
- Add chicken stock and bullion to bacon and ham. Scrape bottom of pot with wooden spoon. Add spices..
- Cut all veggies up into bite size. Add potatoes and cook till soft..
- Add rest of veggies. You could also add corn niblets..
- Add prawns, scallops and milk and cream..
- Scoop out and eat with French bread..
It has just the right combination of whitefish, clams, shrimp and scallops to make the BEST chowder! Are you looking for a quick but delicious seafood soup? Can't wait to make that stock and take all that extra time? As a native New Englander, chef Steve Sicinski loves clam chowder but prefers making a healthier version with Southwestern flavors. Remember that the fish will continue to cook in the heat of the chowder so make sure it is not overcooked.