Whipped Feta Crostini. For the whipped feta, place the feta and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse until the cheeses are mixed. For the whipped feta, place the feta and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
Ingredients of Whipped Feta Crostini
- You need of baguette, cut into 1 inch wide slices.
- It’s of feta cheese.
- You need of cream cheese, at room temp.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s of lime juice.
- Prepare of cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
- Prepare of pepper and salt.
- Prepare of shallot, minced.
- You need of garlic clove, minced.
- It’s of pine nuts, toasted.
- Prepare of fresh basil for garnish.
Spread the whipped feta mixture generously on top of the baguette slices. Top with the tomato mixture and serve. Tip: The whipped feta can be made a day or two ahead. Crostini is Italian for “a little crust.” So just think of crostini as pieces of crispy, crunchy bread.
Whipped Feta Crostini instructions
- Set oven to broil. place sliced baguette on a cookie sheet, drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Cook 5 min.
- In a food processor or blender, add feta, cream cheese, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- In a bowl, mix together tomatoes, balsamic, garlic and shallots.
- To serve, spread the feta mixture on baguette, top with a few tomatoes (I use a slotted spoon so I don't get the vinegar, but a few pieces of garlic and shallot).
- Then add a few pine nuts and fresh basil to the top..
- Fun little appetizers. Cheers!.
And there's nothing like crispy french bread. The whipped feta spread is made with good feta cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice, and olive oil. For the whipped feta, place the feta and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel To assemble the crostini, spread each slice of bread with a generous amount of whipped feta. This incredible appetizer is from Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. An easy, festive appetizer with simple, delicious ingredients.