Yum Woon Sen (Thai Glass Noodle Salad).
Ingredients of Yum Woon Sen (Thai Glass Noodle Salad)
- It’s of Thai chilli to taste.
- Prepare 1 pack of Thai glass noodles.
- It’s 1 handful of mint leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of chopped coriander.
- Prepare 1 of lime wedge.
- Prepare of Fish sauce to taste.
- You need 1/4 can of chopped Pigeon brand pickled mustard.
- It’s 1 head of sliced pickled garlic in brine.
- You need of Pickled garlic liquid to taste.
- You need of Peeled and deveined shrimp, ground pork, or squid.
Yum Woon Sen (Thai Glass Noodle Salad) step by step
- Soak the glass noodles until soft. Boil for 1 minute then add the shrimp/sliced squid. Boil for an additional minute then drain. Rinse with cold water then set aside in a bowl..
- If using pork, brown separately in a pan then mix the pork into the noodles when it's drained..
- Mash the chilli with a mortar and pestle then mix in the chopped pickled garlic, fish sauce, pickled mustard, and lime juice to make a chunky sauce.
- Mix the sauce into the noodles. Add the mint and coriander. Adjust ingredients to taste (i.e. more or less fish sauce)..
- Eat this dish fresh, as the noodles swell and get too soft after too much time..