Seared steak with celery & pepper caponata. Heat a griddle or small non-stick frying pan. In large skillet, heat oil over medium. Rub steaks with onion powder; season generously.
Ingredients of Seared steak with celery & pepper caponata
- You need of Steak.
- It’s 200 grams of extra-lean fillet steaks.
- Prepare 140 grams of fresh spinach.
- It’s of Caponata.
- You need 1 of red onion, halved and sliced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, cut into slivers.
- It’s 400 grams of can chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of celery sticks, sliced.
- You need 1 of orange pepper, deseeded, quartered and sliced.
- You need 25 grams of pitted black kalamata olives, halved (about 8).
- It’s 1 tbsp of capers.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano or 1 tbsp fresh.
- Prepare 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
Remove from the oven, add the celery, tomatoes and olives, if using. How to Prepare the Meat: For health … Add the oil, and toss in the red onion and celery heart and season carefully with salt and pepper. Lay out your tuna steaks on a tray and season with salt and pepper. Cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces.
Seared steak with celery & pepper caponata instructions
- For the caponata, spray a large, wide non-stick pan with 3 sprays of oil, and add the onion and garlic. Cover and cook for 5 mins, stirring halfway through to brown them..
- Tip in the tomatoes and a can of water, then stir in all the other caponata ingredients. Cover the pan and leave to simmer for 30 mins..
- Heat a griddle or small non-stick frying pan. Generously grind black pepper over the steak and sear on both sides, about 6 mins in total, until cooked to your liking..
- Allow the steak to rest while you wilt the spinach in a covered pan on a low heat..
- Spoon the caponata onto 2 serving plates, top with the spinach, then slice the beef and arrange on top..
While the potatoes roast, pat the steak dry with paper towels; … Instructions. Use a paper towel to pat the thawed, raw tuna steak dry. Mix together all of the spices in a shallow bowl until well combined. Add the minced … Prep and cook the steaks. Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.