Scrumptious Bacon Garlic Scalloped Potatoes.
Ingredients of Scrumptious Bacon Garlic Scalloped Potatoes
- It’s 6 large of Red Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 small of White Onion.
- You need 1/2 lb of Bacon.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of Butter.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of Cheese of choice or blend.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic.
Scrumptious Bacon Garlic Scalloped Potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice bacon and onion and add both to a saute pan on low heat. Sprinkle on the sugar and cook until bacon is crispy and onions are slightly caramelized..
- Finally chop garlic and add to bacon and onion, stir for only a minute..
- Increase heat on saucepan to medium. Add butter and flour, vigorously stirring until the flour is slightly brown. Only a couple minutes, don't let your bacon burn..
- Slowly whisk the milk until slightly bubbly and no lumps of flour..
- Reduce saute pan back to low, whisk in cheese reserving half a cup for topping..
- Salt and pepper to taste. Potatoes are pretty bland so you want to be able to taste the salt, but be cautious because the bacon and cheese contain salt as well..
- Grease a casserole pan and thinly slice the potatoes.Place half along the pan, pouring half the cheese mixture over it. Then layer on the rest of the potatoes and cheese sauce..
- Top with remaining cheese. I like to sprinkle on parmesan and chili powder for extra flavor, but this is optional..
- Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes. Then increase temperature to 415, uncover, and continue baking till cheese is browned and bubbly and potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes..
- Indulge as a side to your favorite entrée!.