Curried Brown Rice, Lentil & Chorizo Salad.
Ingredients of Curried Brown Rice, Lentil & Chorizo Salad
- It’s 1 cup of easy cook brown rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of small green lentils.
- You need 1 of chicken stock cube.
- Prepare 1 of 6″ piece of chorizo, chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 2 clove of of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 tbsp of mild curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of EVOO.
- You need 1 pinch of salt and black pepper.
- You need 2 of handfuls baby spinach leaves (optional).
Curried Brown Rice, Lentil & Chorizo Salad step by step
- Put a large pot of water on to boil, crumbling a chicken stock cube in the water.
- Rinse the rice and lentils in a sieve.
- Put them into the water and bring to the boil, then cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the chorizo in a dry skillet and fry until it's crispy and the smoky, orange oil coats the pan.
- Scoop out the chorizo to a bowl and add the onion to the skillet.
- Fry the onion for 5 minutes until soft and browned, then add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the curry powder to the onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for another minute or two.
- Drain the rice and lentils then mix them into the onion mixture, along with the chorizo, olive oil and spinach leaves (if using…you can wilt/cook them by keeping the skillet on the heat for 30 seconds or so).
- Stir everything together then transfer to a bowl, allow to cool slightly before covering with plastic wrap and refrigerating for at least two hours.
- Serve cold..