Chicken Khaosuey. Chicken Khow Suey or Khao Suey Originally from Burma, Chicken Khow Suey or Khao Suey is a popular dish among the Memon & Gujrati community of Pakistan. It comprises of noodles in a coconut or yoghurt based curry, with spicy chicken or beef and an array of condiments. What is the origin of Chicken Khow Suey or Khao Suey in Pakistan?
Ingredients of Chicken Khaosuey
- Prepare of for spaghetti.
- You need of spaghetti.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of for chicken gravy.
- You need of chicken boneless cubes.
- Prepare of ginger paste.
- It’s of garlic paste.
- Prepare of soya sauce.
- Prepare of honey.
- Prepare of oil.
- It’s of tandoori masala.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of Cornflour slurry.
- You need of for curry.
- You need of gram flour (baisan).
- Prepare of yoghurt.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of red chilli powder.
- Prepare of haldi.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of condiments and garnish.
- Prepare of spicy slims.
- Prepare of plain salty chips.
- It’s of coriander chopped.
- It’s of green chillies sliced.
- You need of fried onions.
- Prepare of lemon wedges.
- You need of Chat Masala as required.
It is a one-dish soup meal made of egg noodles and curried beef or chicken with coconut milk, served with a variety of contrasting condiments.”. The Burmese Khowsuey features layers of noodles, a vegetable curry made with coconut milk and an elaborate masala of spices, coconut and cashew nuts, and an elaborate garnish of fried onions, garlic, vaal dal and spring onions. This gives the veg burmese khowsuey a unique texture and a really unforgettable flavour. Then, finely chop all the vegetables separately on a chopping board.
Chicken Khaosuey instructions
- For curry, mix gram flour, spices, and yoghurt, and let it cook in a pan. Add water and stir to make it smooth. Let it cook for 1 hr on medium flame, stirring in between..
- For chicken gravy, marinate chicken with all spices and condiments, for half hour..
- Then add oil to pan, add chicken, and let it cook until chicken is tender. Add water if needed. Add cornflour slurry to thicken sauce. Keep aside..
- Boil spaghetti as per packet instructions..
- Drain, and add 1 tbsp oil to it to prevent clumping..
- For assembling khaosuey. Add spaghetti in a deep bowl, ladle in the curry generously, add the fried chicken gravy on top..
- Generously add the chips and condiments, sprinkle chat masala on top. Enjoy!.
Bipasha Basu wrote, “made yummilicious Chicken Khaosuey for myself”. She also shared another picture of a bowl of veg Khaosuey. she made for her husband Karan Singh Grover. In the picture, the ingredients of the dish were also kept adjacent to the bowl of Khaosuey. Bipasha Basu wrote, “and vegetarian Khaosuey for the hubby”. Khao Dosa is an exclusive cafe serving South Indian delicacies like Dosa, Idli Sambar and to top it all, scrumptious Chicken Khaosuey.