Scalloped potato gratin.
Ingredients of Scalloped potato gratin
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 of sprig fresh thyme.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of butter.
- Prepare 2 lb of russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- You need 1 of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan, plus more for broiling.
Scalloped potato gratin step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375..
- In a saucepan, heat up the cream with a sprig of thyme, chopped garlic and nutmeg..
- While cream is heating up, butter a casserole dish. Place a layer of potato in an overlapping pattern and season with salt and pepper. Remove cream from heat, then pour a little over the potatoes. Top with some grated parmesan. Make 2 more layers. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Sprinkle some more parmesan and broil until cheese browns, about 5 minutes..