Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup). Indonesian Chicken Soup Instant Mix Bamboe & Indofood Brand Soto Ayam Soto ayam is an Indonesian chicken soup. It's one of classic authentic Indonesian soup. We can eat it along with noodle or rice.
Ingredients of Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup)
- You need 2 of litters chicken broth (you can substitute with chicken powder and water).
- It’s 2 stalks of lemon grass the white part.
- You need 3 of tiny slices galangal.
- Prepare 4 of lemon kafir leaves.
- You need 2-3 of bay leaves.
- It’s of For the spices:.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper (any peppers white or black).
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger powder (you can used the fresh ginger).
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 5-7 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 of onion chopped (you can used shallots).
- Prepare of Oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of For topping:.
- You need of Cooked rice or cooked noodle (vermicelli noodle).
- Prepare of Shredded cabbage.
- It’s of Tiny sliced green onion.
- It’s leaves of Chopped celery or Chinese celery.
- You need of Fried shallots.
- Prepare of Roasted plain peanut (optional).
- It’s of Lime wedges.
- It’s of Hard boiled eggs.
- It’s of Sweet soy sauce (optional).
- It’s of For chilli sauce:.
- It’s of Chilies.
- You need 1 pinch of chicken powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Lemon juice.
Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, instant indonesian “soto ayam” (yellow chicken soup). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup) step by step
- Boil the broth a big pan along with the lemon grass, lemon kafir leaves, bay leaves, and galanga. When it’s boiling and turn down the heat to the simmer..
- Meanwhile grind all the spices accept oil into pasta. I use a blender to blend all the spices..
- Now heat up the oil in a pan add the spices pasta and stir well until aromat and cooked through. Then transfer into the broth, season with salt. Cover let it cook and simmer for about 20 minutes. Adjust the taste before turn off the heat. Usually I leave it in simmer until ready to serve..
- While waiting for the broth, let’s make the chilli sauce. In a small pan add chilies and water. Bring it to boil for 5-10 minutes then take it off and drained it. Using a blender put the chilies in it add 2-3 tbsp broth, salt, pinch of chicken powder, and blend it. Scraped the chilli pasta out from the blender and transfer to the bowl. Add lemon juice and stir well, don’t forget to adjust the taste,and set asides..
- To assembly: Using a bowl (medium-big soup bowl) add a bit of rice and noodle or you can choose either one, than tops with shredded cabbage, shredded chicken, and ladle the hot broth into the bowl. Then sprinkle sliced green onion, chopped or sliced celery, fried shallots, roasted peanut, half hard boiled eggs, spoon of chilli sauce, and squeezed lemon juice..
- And it’s done! Now you have a delicious satisfying meal that you can enjoy in any time and any season. Enjoy!.
Bamboe – Soto Ayam Instant Spices for Yellow Chicken Soup absolutely captures the best taste a soup could ever be. Soto Ayam is a classic chicken soup from Indonesia but also popular in Singapore and Malaysia. It's traditionally served with vermicelli noodles (or Bihun/Bee Hoon), shredded chicken, and eggs. In addition, the soup is topped with bean sprouts, cabbage, fried shallots, cilantro, Chinese celery, and krupuk or emping. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the soup, and shred or cut into tiny pieces, then add the chicken back into the soup.