Orzo Pasta Salad.
Ingredients of Orzo Pasta Salad
- You need 1 C of orzo.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves; smashed.
- It’s 1 oz of basil.
- Prepare 1 of lemon; zested & juiced.
- Prepare 1/2 t of crushed pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion; medium dice.
- Prepare 1/2 C of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 8 slices of bacon.
- It’s 6 of large leaves spinach; chiffonade.
- It’s 4 oz of mozzarella cheese; small dice.
- It’s 3 of Campari tomatoes; seeded & small dice.
- Prepare of kosher salt & black pepper; as needed.
Orzo Pasta Salad step by step
- Combine basil, garlic, red onion, pepper flakes, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, and a large pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until combined..
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add orzo. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain. Spread out on a plate and cool in refrigerator..
- Combine orzo, spinach, cheese, and tomatoes in a small mixing bowl. Add dressing. Fold to combine. Cover and let sit in fridge overnight to marinate..
- Lay bacon on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400° for approximately 12 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Drain fat and reserve for another use. Pat bacon dry with paper towels. Roughly chop to a small dice..
- Fold 3/4 of bacon into salad amd reserve remaining bacon for garnish..
- Variations; Feta, oregano, zucchini, mint, parsely, roasted or raw bell peppers, roasted garlic/tomatoes, cucumber, white vinegar, champagne vinegar, white wine vinegar, sherry vinegar, port, peppadew, arugula, pepperoncini, provolone, pepperoni, toasted pine nuts, parmesean, romano, gruyere, parmigiano reggiano, pecorino, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, olives, giardenera, anchovies, habanero, gouda, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, goat cheese, pancetta, prosciutto, caramelized onions or shallots,.