Cheesy Scallopped Potatoes.
Ingredients of Cheesy Scallopped Potatoes
- You need 4 of large russet potatoes or 6 large red potatoes.
- You need 1/3 of med onion or too taste.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of cheddar cheese grated.
- You need 3 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of Worcestershire.
Cheesy Scallopped Potatoes instructions
- Grease 8×8 or similar size casserole dish..
- Peel and slice potatoes using slicer, 1/4 inch or thinner. Dice onions set aside..
- In skillet melt butter, add flour stirc and let cook on med heat until bubbling a couple minutes. Add milk and stir well with wisk. Continue to stir until it starts to thicken and bubble. Add 3/4 cup of cheese, mustard, Worcestershire, pepper, salt, garlic powder. Stir until smooth. Should have a gravy like consistency. Add salt pepper to taste..
- To construct the potatoe casserole. Put down a layer of sliced potatoes then sprinkle a layer of onions. Pour sauce over layer. Cover with another layer of potatoes sprinkle with onions. Pour more sauce over. Continue this until all ingredients are used. When done add remaining cheese on top. Cover with foil..
- Cook covered at 400F for 60-80 minutes look for bubbling in center. Uncover abd cook for another 15 minutes to get color on the cheese. Let cool for 10 minutes, enjoy!!.