Chicken Salad With Tropical Fruit.
Ingredients of Chicken Salad With Tropical Fruit
- Prepare 2 of boneless chicken breast pieces (or about a pound total).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ginger.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of powdered cloves.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of powdered anise.
- It’s 1 cup of diced celery.
- It’s 1 cup of pineapple tidbits or chopped fresh, drained.
- You need 1 of tablepoon finely minced onion.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of mayonnaise (sometimes I use extra).
- Prepare 1/2 of – 1 teaspoon salt.
- You need 1 cup of green seedless grapes, halved.
- You need 6 of ripe olives, sliced (black or green).
- You need 1 of (11 ounce can) Mandarin oranges, drained.
- It’s 1/2 cup of toasted, slivered almonds (toast for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, until golden, stirring a few times).
Chicken Salad With Tropical Fruit step by step
- Place the chicken in a kettle along with the ginger, anise, cinnamon, and cloves..
- Add enough water to cover the chicken..
- Cook over medium heat until the chicken is tender, about 20 minutes..
- Drain, let cool and then dice..
- Place the celery, pineapple, onion, mayonnaise and salt in a serving bowl..
- Mix well..
- Add the diced chicken, grapes and oranges..
- Gently mix..
- Fold in the almonds and olives and serve..