Green Mango Som Tum Style Salad.
Ingredients of Green Mango Som Tum Style Salad
- You need 1/2 of Green mango.
- It’s 1 of Cucumber.
- You need 2 bunch of Watercress (or mesclun).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Pine nuts (or your choice of nuts).
- It’s of For the dressing:.
- You need 3 tbsp of All-purpose fish sauce.
- You need 4 of Dried shrimp.
- You need 1 of Cilantro.
- You need 2 tsp of Grapeseed oil.
Green Mango Som Tum Style Salad step by step
- This mango is very big! It was too bad that it's a little ripe already, but since I usually don't see them sold, I just had to buy it..
- The color of the skin is still green even when it's ripe inside and it's hard to judge from the outside. This mango was already ripe enough to eat it straight..
- Ordinarily, this dish is made with an unripe and sour mango, but since it was already sweet, I added some cucumber, too! Peel and julienne the cucumber into the same size as the mango..
- I also added watercress to give the sweet mango a little kick. Rinse and drain the watercress and gently toss it in..
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and sprinkle on the pine nuts. Chopped peanuts are used for the genuine Som Tam, but I had a lot of pine nuts..
- Drizzle on the Som Tam dressing and it is done. If you like cilantro, you can substitute it instead of watercress. I don't really like it, so I added just a little in the sauce….
- [To make the salad dressing] Soak the dried shrimp in a bowl of water to rehydrate and finely chop. The cilantro can be either fresh or dried..
- Blend it evenly with the fish sauce. Add the oil to your preference..