Scalloped potatoes with onions.
Ingredients of Scalloped potatoes with onions
- You need 1 stick of salted butter.
- Prepare 3 of heaping spoonfuls of flour.
- You need of Milk.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 8 of red skin potatoes.
- You need Half of a large onion.
- You need of Shredded cheddar.
Scalloped potatoes with onions instructions
- Wash potatoes and slice thin.
- Slice onion thin.
- In sauce pan, melt butter and add flour. Stir until thick. Add milk little bits at a time to make a creamy sauce..
- Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and stir..
- Add about a cup or so of shredded cheese..
- Place half the potatoes in a casserole dish with onions on top..
- Pour half of the creamy mixture over top. Then top with the rest of the potatoes..
- Sprinkle the top with more cheese..
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 60 minutes..