Mike's Southwestern Chicken Thighs Over Rice. Great recipe for Mike's Southwestern Chicken Thighs Over Rice. As usual, it's, “Free For All Friday.” here in the O'Brien Shire for my culinary students. Brown chicken breasts on both sides.
Ingredients of Mike's Southwestern Chicken Thighs Over Rice
- Prepare of ● For The Proteins.
- Prepare of LG Bone In Chicken Thighs [excess fat trimmed].
- Prepare of ● For The Vegetables [all rough chopped & divided].
- It’s of LG Viadailia Onion.
- You need of Green Onions.
- Prepare of Small Firm Tomato.
- It’s of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- It’s of EX LG Jalapeno Peppers.
- You need of Pace Picante Hot Red Salsa.
- It’s of Green Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- You need of Red Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- Prepare of Orange Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- It’s of Yellow Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- You need of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of ● For The Dried Seasonings [all divided].
- You need of Crushed Mexican Oregano.
- You need of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare of Chili Powder.
- Prepare of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Prepare of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Course Sea Salt.
- It’s of ● For The Additions & Garnishments.
- You need of Lime Wedges.
- It’s of Red Salsa.
- Prepare of Fresh Cilantro.
- Prepare of Fresh Parsley.
- It’s of Firm Avacados.
- You need of Streamed White Rice [with dried cilantro].
- You need of Chicken Broth.
- You need of Shredded Mexican 3 Cheese [divided].
Or place chicken meaty side down over direct heat;cook … To make chicken perloo, you start by cooking bacon in a large Dutch oven, then searing bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (Kardea prefers them over breasts for … Add tomatoes, black beans, chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, and chicken broth. Stir together, then stir in rice. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to LOW … Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Remove chicken … Remove chicken and set aside.
Mike's Southwestern Chicken Thighs Over Rice instructions
- Rough chop your vegetables and herbs..
- Pam spray a large oven safe pan. Smear half of your red salsa on the base of your pan. Sprinkle on half of your dried seasonings. Then, add half of your vegetables..
- Rinse your chicken, trim any unsightly fat and pat dry. Add to your pan fat side up. Spray chicken with Pam..
- Sprinkle on your other half of spices to chicken..
- Add large dollops of red salsa on top of your chicken..
- Sprinkle on half of your shredded cheese then top with your remaining vegetables. Add a couple dashes of chicken stock..
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese..
- Bake at 425° for 45 minutes wrapped up tight. Or, until they've reached an internal temperature of 180° to 185°. Check temp on your largest thigh..
- Serve with avacados, red salsa, lime wedges and white rice..
- Garish with cilantro and parsley. Enjoy!.
Saute, poblano and red pepper until just soft. Add beans, corn and tomatoes,chicken broth and spices. Put … Directions In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, chili powder, salt and paprika. Rub over both sides of chicken. Top with reserved sauce mixture, then shredded cheese.