Italian Bread Appetizer. Sprinkle evenly with salami and cheese. Stir together butter and garlic in bowl. Place on lightly greased baking sheet; brush with butter mixture.
Ingredients of Italian Bread Appetizer
- You need of butter, melted.
- Prepare of garlic finely chopped fresh.
- Prepare of loaf bread.
- It’s of Genoa salami deli sliced thin.
- You need of Provolone cheese (1 oz slices), (cut into strips).
- It’s of olives sliced , stuffed green.
- You need of green onions , sliced.
- It’s of egg, beaten.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of Poppy seed,.
Bruschetta, fried ravioli, antipasto—Italy does apps right. See all our top-rated Italian-inspired appetizers. Classic Italian Appetizers – Antipasto Skewers Antipasto skewers are wonderful when you need to throw something delicious together in a pinch. Use items from your pantry and fridge like peppers, Italian meats, cheeses, olives, etc.
Italian Bread Appetizer step by step
- Stir together butter and garlic in bowl. Roll out bread dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch square. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet; brush with butter mixture..
- Layer salami, cheese, olives and onions in in a 3-inch strip down center of dough to within 1/2-inch of top and bottom, leaving 4-1/2 inches of dough on each side of filling..
- Cut twelve 3-inch long strips, 1-inch apart, along both sides of filling. Fold strips across filling at an angle, alternating sides to give a braided effect. Pinch dough at bottom and top to seal..
- Cover; let rise in a warm place 30-45 minutes or until almost double in size. Combine egg and water in a bowl; brush over braid. Sprinkle with poppy seed, if desired..
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet; cool 10 minutes. Cut into 16 equally sized slices..
This is recipe is totally customizable. This recipe is perfect for gatherings, holidays, or as a special Sunday football snack. My kids love it and so do my friends and family. You can substitute butter for the olive oil, or any kind of steak for the flank steak. —Donna Evaro, Casper, Wyoming. The Best Ideas for Italian Bread Appetizers.