Blackbean Veggie burger. Find MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers Near You. In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty. Your veggie burger mixture will be very thick, so use your hands to work the flour in well.
Ingredients of Blackbean Veggie burger
- Prepare of Black Beans: 1 (16 ounce) can black beans drained and rinsed.
- Prepare of Green Bell Pepper: 1/2 green bell pepper,.
- It’s of Onion cut into 2 inch pieces1/2 onion, cut into wedges.
- Prepare of Garlic 3 gloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Egg: 1 egg.
- Prepare of Chilli Powder: 1 tablespoon chilli powder.
- Prepare of Cumin: 1 tablespoon of cumin.
- It’s of Bread Crumbs: 1/2 bread crumbs.
- You need of Sriracha Sauce: 1 teaspoon of SS.
- Prepare of Avocado 🥑 as condiment on burger.
Most have two things in common: beans and binders. This version from the chef Jamie Oliver's new book. STEP ONE: Set aside some of the beans, rice, chopped peppers and cilantro in a bowl, so your burgers will have some texture. The rest will go into the bowl of a food processor to become the “paste” that holds the vegan burgers together.
Blackbean Veggie burger instructions
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty..
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans..
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, chilli powder, cumin, and chilli sauce..
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties..
- If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side..
Put aside some of the chopped ingredients and then process the rest into a paste. Place them in a bowl and use a fork to mash them. Keep mashing until they're mostly broken up, but still have some whole beans visible. Add the breadcrumbs, onion, egg, chili powder, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. This prevents the black bean burgers from tasting like mush.