Shrimp cocktail. Prawn cocktail, also known as shrimp cocktail, is a seafood dish consisting of shelled, cooked prawns in a Marie Rose sauce or cocktail sauce, served in a glass. Learn how to make a perfect shrimp cocktail at home, including your own homemade cocktail sauce and how to cook the shrimp so that they're tender, juicy and delicious. Many shrimp cocktail sauce recipes are made with chili sauce.
Ingredients of Shrimp cocktail
- Prepare 1 large of salad bowl.
- It’s 2 lb of jumbo shrimp.
- It’s 1/2 large of can tomato juice.
- It’s 3 large of tomatoes chopped.
- You need 2 of haas avocados chunked.
- It’s 1 medium of cucumber peeled/seeded/chunked.
- Prepare 1 medium of yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh cilantro leaves chopped.
- It’s 1/2 medium of green pepper diced.
- It’s 1 medium of jalapeno seeded/chopped you can throw in a few seeds for added heat.
- It’s 1 tsp of finely chopped garlic.
- You need 1 oz of hot sauce I like Franks red hot.
- You need 2 oz of ketchup or catsup whatever.
- Prepare 1 of splash of citrus soda I recommend fresca or squirt.
- You need 1 of salt n pepper to taste.
However old-fashioned it may seem, shrimp cocktail is a classic. We've updated this party standby with a zesty homemade sauce that packs a flavorful punch thanks to ketchup, chili sauce. If we do say so ourselves! Friends, this one is really on the money.
Shrimp cocktail instructions
- boil shrimp in salt water (large pot, 1Tbsp salt) if shrimp r precooked defrost fully in cold water instead of boiling them. tips: bring water to boil before throwing shrimp in, they will float to the surface when done. dont leave the shrimp in too long, you want them tender not chewy!.
- cool shrimp in cold water ( ice speeds up the process of coarse.) when cooled, or defrosted, peel shrimp and devein (to devein shrimp, run a paring knife along the outer curve of the shrimp almost 1/4in deep from top to bottom youll see it!) its poop u dont want to eat that part!.
- throw the shrimp in the bowl with all other ingredients, toss well, but gently u dont want to mash the avocado or tomatoes… chill for atleast an hour n enjoy! great with saltine crackers and a slice of lime.
- a great add-in is chunked octopus..
Cocktail sauce with a kick, and a generous platter of chilled jumbo shrimp—this elegant party nibble. Shrimp cocktail is all about the shrimp: big, fat, perfectly cooked gorgeous shrimp. Homemade Shrimp Cocktail is impressive and easy with the best oven-baked shrimp and zesty Impress your guests with a homemade Shrimp Cocktail. Learn how to make the best oven-baked. Never underestimate the power of a simple shrimp cocktail sauce to kick off the evening.