Sheree's Broccoli and Potato Scalloped Bake.
Ingredients of Sheree's Broccoli and Potato Scalloped Bake
- It’s 2 large of potatoes … sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of broccoli… fresh or frozen.
- It’s 1/2 large of onion, minced.
- You need 6 slice of thick bacon, cut up into 2″ peices.
- Prepare of Ms. Spaetti's Home Ec 101 cheese sauce.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 3 slice of swiss cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of salted butter.
Sheree's Broccoli and Potato Scalloped Bake instructions
- *** when I was in school Ms. Spaetti taught me how to make cheese sauce for Mac and cheese and Cheesy Potatoes in my Home Economy class.
- put butter in sauce pan on Med/high let melt….add flour ….DONT LET BROWN LIKE GRAVY ..mix well add milk. keep milk handy so of u need to thin the sauce u can …
- once milk gets hot …tear cheese into Med size pieces and melt in milk… add shredded cheese…. stir until cheese is melted… if it seems thick add a splash of milk…..
- add a pinch of salt and pepper and set aside..
- ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~.
- cut up slices of Bacon with kitchen shears…. I fry them in a skillet until they are like fried Ham….
- **** THIS IS A TRICK I LEARNED… I ADD VEGGIE OIL TO THE BACON GREASE. SO THAT I HAVE SEASONED OIL TO COOK WITH … I add 1/4 cup of veggie oil to Bacon drippings and let it get hot… making sure I scrape the bits on the bottom… since I needed to cook both the pork chops and potatoes… I poured the excess grease in a crock type of coffee cup….
- I first browned my pork chops and put on plate and covered…. coveringkeeps the pork chops from drying out…
- put in onion and cook for 2 minutes on until onion is semi tender …. add potatoes and broccoli.. toss in the drippings and potatoes just start cooking but still raw…
- add Bacon pieces back back into potato mixture… stir to get warm…..
- pour veggie mixture in sprayed casserole dish…. and pour cheese sauce over the top… sprinkle some shredded cheese on top… lay aluminium foil over the top and bake for 15 minutes … take foil off and bake another 10 minutes..