Cheesy Scalloped Ham and Potatoes.
Ingredients of Cheesy Scalloped Ham and Potatoes
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black or white pepper.
- Prepare 4 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- It’s 7 lb of potatoes.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of diced ham.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped or grated.
- You need 2 cup of shredded cheese. I like sharp, cheddar or colby jack. its good to use all 3.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chives.
Cheesy Scalloped Ham and Potatoes instructions
- Peel and rinse potatoes. Leave whole..
- Place potatoes in large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil..
- Cook 10-15 minutes on medium high just until par boiled. They will finish cooking in later steps. You don't want them mushy..
- Remove from heat and drain potatoes. Running cold water over them to stop cooking..
- When the potatoes are cooled enough to handle, but not to cold, slice in thin to medium slices..
- Spray crock pot with non stick spray and add potatoes..
- add onions, hams and half the cheese..
- On medium heat, melt the butter and add flour. Whisk and cook about 2-3 minutes stirring often. Slowly add in milk one cup at a time whisking constantly..
- When all the milk is whisked in, allow to come to slight bubble but do not boil..
- Season with salt and pepper and add soup..
- Taste for added need for salt and pepper..
- Slowly pour over potato, ham and onion and mix well..
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese..
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours. If you like a browner top or thicker sauce, remove from crock pot and place in deep baking dish at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until browned on top..
- Sprinkle with chives to garnish..