Chicken Espetada. It's traditionally prepared with beef, pork or seafood, although chicken is also an option. The Portuguese term for food that's cooked on skewers, espetada hails from the island of Madeira. It's traditionally prepared with beef, pork or seafood, although chicken is also an option.
Ingredients of Chicken Espetada
- You need 1 of chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 of tomato medium.
- It’s 1 of capsicum medium.
- Prepare 1 of onion medium.
- You need of Oil for grilling.
- Prepare of For Chicken Marinade.
- You need 2 tsp of soya sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper (freshly ground).
- You need 1 tsp of honey.
- It’s 1 tsp of habanero sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of For Glaze.
- It’s 1 tsp of soya sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of honey.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed red chillies.
- You need 1 tsp of sriracha sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of For Wedges.
- You need 1 of potato large.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- You need of For Coleslaw.
- It’s 1 of cabbage small.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cream.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
Add lemon juice, soy sauce,garlic paste,meat tenderizer,salt, white pepper, peri peri sauce and oil. Chicken Espetadas To be served with the Brown Rice Salad with Salsa Verde Dressing. Chicken Handi is prepared with boneless chicken, cream and butter. Then mixed with cream & butter and garnished with coriander leaves.
Chicken Espetada instructions
- Wash and cut the chicken breast into 1 inch thick pieces, or cubes..
- Prepare marinade by mixing all ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken and mix well. Leave aside and cover for 30 minutes..
- Wash veggies. Cut the tomato, onion, and capsicum, into medium sized cubes..
- Prepare coleslaw. Wash the cabbage and slice it in half. Now, shred the cabbage in a semi circular motion to create threads..
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise and cream. Whip with a fork until smooth. Add sugar. Whip until smooth..
- Add the cabbage in and mix. Place bowl in fridge, and take out just before serving..
- Heat a grill pan. Brush oil on it with a brush. Lay down the chicken pieces and let them grill for about 2 mins on each side..
- Prepare glaze by mixing all ingredients in nicely. Brush the glaze onto the chicken pieces generously..
- Flip the chicken pieces. Brush with glaze on the other side. Let it grill for 2 minutes..
- Prepare wedges. Wash and peel the potato. Slice it in half. The slice semi circle wedges from each half..
- Put wedges in a sieve and run cold water over them. Shake dry..
- Heat oil in a wok. Fry the wedges until golden brown..
- Remove chicken from grill. Add veggies in the bowl of the remaining glaze, then place on grill pan..
- Grill veggies until some of the skin is blackened. Remove the charred layer by peeling..
- Pierce the chicken pieces and the veggies alternately on a skewer. Hang onto the espetada stand..
- Place the wedges on the bottom of the stand. Remove coleslaw from fridge and serve in a small dish..
- Serve with choice of sauce. Enjoy resturant style dish in the comfort of your own home!.
Serve with hot naan or paratha. We got the trimestre frango, picatta burger, and chicken espetada along with several sides: baked potato, cole slaw, fries, grilled pineapple, and corn on the cob. All of the chicken dishes taste great and the sides rounded out the meal. The chocolate mousse is a tasty and light way to end the meal. Espetada, skewers, kebabs.you name it, it's all good.