Scalloped Potatoes with a twist.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes with a twist
- You need 5 of Golden Russet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced.
- It’s 5 tbs of butter (hold 1 tbs for onions).
- Prepare 1 of small onion sliced like you would do onion rings but thin.
- Prepare 4 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 4 tbs of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of shredded blended cheese.
Scalloped Potatoes with a twist step by step
- In a saute pan, cook onion in butter till they start to separate and are tender and translucent and set side in a bowl. Season to taste. Place half the sliced potatoes in a greased 1 quart dish..
- Add butter in a pan until melted, now add flour, milk and mushroom soup stiring frequently..
- Cover with half layer the sauce, half layer of onions and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers..
- Top with remaining 1 1/2 cup of cheese..
- Bake covered at 425°F for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more or till potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Serves 4..
- Optional: On the last layer, after the onions, I cut up 2 tbs of extra butter into quarter pieces and place on top of the onions and then add cheese..