Pasta a la Caponata. Casarecce Pasta Caponata One of the most iconic dishes in Sicilian cooking is caponata. This sweet and sour Mediterranean veggie dish is delicious as a side with both meat and fish and, as in this recipe for casarecce pasta caponata, makes a fabulous pasta sauce! Pasta alla caponata is great warm or as a pasta salad.
Ingredients of Pasta a la Caponata
- It’s 1 of large aubergine.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 5 of tomatoes (or a tin of chopped toms).
- You need 1 tbsp of capers.
- You need 1 handful of olives.
- You need 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s of Oil.
- It’s of Pasta of your choice (I recommend a short pasta).
- You need of Marjoram/oregano.
- Prepare 1 handful of currants/sultanas.
Tip the pasta into the sauce, adding a splash of pasta water if it needs loosening. After this, fry them in a pan with hot oil and then put them in another bowl. Then, in the cooking oil of eggplants, also fry two sliced onions. Lo primero que debo hacer es aclarar el * del titulo, no es una caponata legitima, la modifiqué con lo que a nosotros nos gusta y le quité lo que no nos gusta, siempre lo digo, eso es lo que hace cocinar placentero, modificar (en lo posible) las recetas al gusto de uno!
Pasta a la Caponata step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180c (fan).
- Chop the aubergine and onion into strips and muddle in an oven dish with some oil, salt and vinegar.
- Cook in the oven for about 25 mins, chopping the tomatoes and garlic while you wait..
- Take the oven dish out of the oven and add the tomatoes, garlic and red wine vinegar and give it a mix.
- Pop back in the oven for 10 mins and start cooking the pasta so they are ready around the same time.
- While you wait for the pasta and caponata to cook, chop the olives.
- About 2 mins before the pasta is finished, add the olives, capers and currants to the oven dish and mix.
- Serve on top of the pasta with a grind of pepper and a sprinkle of Parmesan. I think even some breadcrumbs would add a nice texture to it too..
Roast the eggplant, allow to cool and chop coarsely. Cook together for a minute, until the garlic begins to smell fragrant, and add the peppers. Add the onions, bell pepper, and celery. Season with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. La caponata de berenjenas es típica del sur de Italia y, no, aunque pueda parecer raro en una receta italiana no lleva pasta.